Pages

Saturday 17 December 2011

Just Rocks

I had a difficult time deciding upon a name for this post. I had many ideas. All of them with one thing in common. The word rocks. Black, Blue and Rock. Cobalt Rocks. I Love Rocks. Love Rocks. Then I thought, just rocks. And so I took my thought quite literally and ended up at just that. Just what, you ask? Just Rocks!
(haven't you been paying attention?)




cobalt blue blazer {Banana Republic} - black & white geometric tunic {Mexx} - black leggings {Aritzia} -
black biker boots {Paradise Boutique} - bracelet {Palm Desert street market} - rock ring {Urban Outfitters}


Clearly I am out of the nerd closet after declaring my unhealthy obsession love for rocks above. So I might as well continue with this (surprisingly not) embarassing confession. Because I really do love them. I suppose you could say I collect rocks. It's my favorite thing to do at the beach. Or anywhere else rocks can be found. Such as, rivers, forests, even parking lots. Most of my friends know of my fondness for rocks. So being the gems that they are, they will often keep their eyes open for any treasures they know I would love. Sasha once brought me back a rock she found in Nicaragua. It was, and still is to this day, the most beautiful rock I have ever seen. It is rectangular in shape and no bigger than an eraser. It is so smooth to the touch and even creamier to the eye. It has the most magical pattern of vivid orange and creamy white swirling around each other to create the most pleasing marbled effect. I will show it to you one day. Obviously I still have it. Along with many other beautiful rocks. It's just that they are still in their box. Because they made the move, of course. What? Doesn't everyone have a box full of rocks when they move?

Anyways. Needless to say, but I'll do it just for kicks, when I saw this ring in Urban Outfitters I just had to make it mine. It was more than I usually spend on a single item. But it is a double ring. And I've wanted one of these for a long time. And this one has rocks on it!!!

2 finger holes + 3 rocks = 1 kicka** ring = Merry Christmas to me!

Do you also buy yourself Christmas presents? (please tell me I'm not the only one!)

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, warm fuzzies?