Pages

Monday 14 November 2011

I am thankful...

Happy Sunday Friends!

Did you have a grand weekend? I did. And for the amount of nothingness that yesterday brought, today made up for it. Big time. I can't even begin to tell you all the wonderful things that happened today. So I thought I would do two things. First. Share these pretty pictures taken by my friend d. walsh during our camera date in Sidney. Then make a list of all the things I was thankful for today. And prepare yourself for this list. We are talking earth-shaking here people.







A list of random and, at times, inconsequential things that, never-the-less, I am thankful for:
(in no particular order) 
  • The 60-day free trial of Microsoft Publisher that brought you the above amazingness (and obviously my modesty right there along with it).
  • That my bird friend stayed put long enough for one photo.
  • That my bird friend did not poop on me.
  • The thrift store we stumbled into that was having a 50% off sale. We are talking madcrazyarrestmebecausei'mpracticallystealing kind of deals.
  • The 100% silk shirt that I bought for less than a toonie at the above mentioned thrift shop. Which is practically free.
  • That I was able to control my gag reflexes long enough to pose in front of a fish market. I have got myself one uber-sensitive schnozz.
  • That I managed to not look ridiculous in my jumping shots. Hahahahaha. Who am I kidding?!?!
  • That I did not injure myself during the ridiculous looking jumping shots.
  • That d.walsh did not make fun of me (too much) as I tested out new poses (aka tried to copy other, more fashionable, style bloggers that I am infatuated with, like her and her). Although at one point she did utter rather sarcastically...."the essence of pure grace". It was after the jumping shots. The really coordinated and not at all awkward jumping shots. You can tell I'm athletic right?
  • That I have the time to spend an embarassingly long time creeping reading past posts on one of my fave blogs, The Daybook. I am completely obsessed (in a totally non-creepy, but rather really flattering kind of way) with Sydney. The girl behind it all. She is super stylish and writes very humorously. She taught me how to wear my belt like that and tie my scarf just so. Right after we french braided each other's hair while having a slumber party. I wish. (I promise I'm not a stalker).
  • Chai Tea Lattes from Starbucks.
  • Starbucks in general.
  • The red lipstick I bought for $4.99 that doesn't clash horrifically with my hair (or so I think).
  • The $100 gift certificate I WON to Cameron Rose. The cutest little shop that has mouth-watering jewlery made by local designers, a selection of Mat & Nat bags, and an assortment of kitschy novelty items. Translation: my heaven. I kept exclaiming "I would be happy with any one single item in this store" while we were inside. Anyways. It was a short visit. I bought a small gift for a friend and absent-mindedly entered a draw as the lady rang up my purchase. We leave and continue on and an hour later, while we were in the drug store buying my lipstick, my phone rings. It was the lady from Cameron Rose. She told me I won the gift certificate. I get to spend $100 completely guilt-free in a shop where I could literally buy anything and be happy? Say whaaaaa?
  • Lists. That's all.
  • Swiss Chalet. Rotisserie chicken. French fries. And extra Chalet sauce. Sunday night dinner has never looked better.
  • The leftover sex in a pan (I'm really not a perv, it's a dessert) that is currently calling my name from the fridge.
  • Early grey tea. Because tea makes everything better. And I am always thankful for tea.
  • That my older bro proposed to his amazing girlfriend yesterday and she said YES!!!
  • That I get to spend Christmas in Hawaii with my older bro and his amazing fiance, along with my parents and grandparents.
  • That I get along so well with my brother's amazing fiance. Did I mention she's amazing?

There is so much more in life to be thankful for. Like good health, family and friends. That I know for sure. But for today, this is my list. This is what I am currently thankful for.

What are you thankful for right now?

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, warm fuzzies?