Pages

Sunday 1 January 2012

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!

Happy New Year Friends! So, as many of you know I have a slight - okay, fine gigantic - aversion to the last day of the year. Also known as New Years' Eve. It's not that I don't love holidays because I do. I just don't particularly care for this one. Mainly because this night is always hyped up beyond belief only to fall short of expectations so I have yet to have an amazing NYE. Needless to say, I was not overly phased by the fact that I spent last night in Princeville, Kaua'i with my parents and grandparents and was asleep well before the clock struck midnight. Being 5 hours earlier than New York City though we did watch the ball drop in Times Square - does this count?


My bro and his fiance (who we will call M from here on out) flew back to Calgary last night. A couple days before they left, M and I did a mega photoshoot in the quaint little town of Koloa. These photos are part one. They tie in supremely well with New Years' Day because I was planning on blabbing some more about my mantras. Remember my mantras from way back when I started this little wee blog? I've decided that this years' resolutions are going to be my mantras since they are the guiding words for this new chapter in my life. So, when you scroll down and look at the next photos you will discover why this photoshoot fit ever so perfectly.

blue crocheted poncho {Winners} - best tank ever {Costco!} - white denim shorts {Levis} -
silver gladiators {Aldo} - aviator sunnies {Windsor} - blue and white clutch & white watch {Palm Desert street market} -
flower hair clip {ABC Store, Kaua'i} - glass stud earrings {glass shop, Kaua'i} 

Obviously I had to share my number one mantra with this "low-tech heart network". I hope that it makes it in and can provide inspiration or even just a smile to someone down the road. How great is this little system? Possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen. I wish there was a heart network in every city, town, village - everywhere!

So, my New Years' resolutions - or Love Mantras - as I like to call them are as follows:

1. Just Be.
2. Appreciate each day.
3. Work with what you've got.
4. Fake it until you make it.
5. Embrace what is.
6. Don't resist change.
7. Stop thinking, start doing.
8. Stay calm and be polite.
9. Be Bold.

I teased you all a while back (and I know you've just been on pins and needles ever since) about adding a tenth mantra. Something along the lines of being a creative rebel. I'm not quite sold on this yet. Perhaps because of it's resemblance to mantra #9? So, I'm going to wait and think about it - which goes against mantra #7, I know, I know! But check back in a few days and hopefully I will have my Love Mantras finessed and finished. I even have dreams of them being showcased on their very own tab. Whoa, dream big!

I would love to hear some of your New Years' resolutions, so share away peeps.

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, warm fuzzies?