Pages

Saturday 21 January 2012

Cider in the Square

Orientation came to a close yesterday. Before I went to the last session I spent some time in Union Square. On Fridays they have a farmers' market so I took advantage of the local produce and warmed up with a cup of hot apple cider. There is just so much to see in NYC!

This store is just off of Union Square and is probably the most visually stimulating store I have ever been into. They sell mostly home decor and furniture but also have beautiful jewlery and a small selection of unique clothing. For the most part, it's out of my price range but it is so aesthetically intoxicating I could literally spend hours in there.


So, I'm finding it a bit difficult to take outfit photos so far. I'm not comfortable with the idea of setting up my tripod on a busy New York street. Part of me worries that I'll get heckled or cursed for being in the way. The other part worries that someone will run by and swipe my camera and I'll be left posing like a fool in front of no camera, spluttering weak protests to the thief who has long since vanished with my prized possession. Bear with me as I work out the kinks of becoming a city dweller. I hope to make some friends in the coming week who I can harrass ask politely to take outfit photos for me.

I'm off to explore Williamsburg today with some new friends. Wish me luck as I venture over the bridge for the first time!

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, warm fuzzies?