Pages

Thursday 12 April 2012

Crafty Chains

I love crafts. I always have and probably always will. It was my absolute favorite thing to do when I was a kid. Make things. Anything, from sewing projects to jewelry to countless decorations for this holiday and that holiday and often just for fun.

I did bring a bit of my crafting supplies with me to NYC, just in case. And this past weekend, I got to crack them open with my friend and fellow craft queen, Sesame. She saw this bracelet on one of my favorite blogs, Honestly...WTF, and showed it to me. Little did she know, I was familiar with this DIY blog and had already successfully made these puppies a few months back. I had also already seen this bracelet and had wanted to try it.

So, what better time than now to give it a whirl? We had stumbled upon an amazing trim shop on the weekend during a flea adventure where we picked up basic beads and made a few simple bracelets to whet our crafting appetites. We knew they sold the chain so we planned another trip there and set our crafting date for Wednesday morning. Well, Wednesday morning came and I made two bracelets and Sesame made a necklace. We spent our "group meeting" making jewelry instead of working on our project due next week. Then, when it was about time for me to leave for class, the most wonderful of things happened. I received an email saying that class had been cancelled. We both looked at one another and at the same time said, "wanna go get more materials?". Yes, yes we do. So, off we went for the third time in five days to the trim shop we were starting to know and had loved since the first chance encounter. We made more bracelets and more necklaces and called it a night nine (!) hours after we had first begun. What fun we had crafting the entire day away. And we have so many more ideas to come!



leather detail tee {Zara} - necklace & jacket {Forever 21} - black skinnies {Old Navy} - tan riding-inspired boots {The Bay} -
neon & chain bracelet {DIY} - watch & teal leather bracelet {flea market, NYC} - scarf {market, Spain}


There was tea and hot chocolate, lemon poundcake and red velvet cupcakes too. Dinner from the Indian take-out place, Clay Oven, just down the street. Lots of chatter. Too many new ideas. And promises of more crafts to come.

I can't wait to show you what we make next!

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, warm fuzzies?