Pages

Saturday 11 August 2012

Black & Boats

I did it, you guys! I took tripod photos of myself on a NYC street. I'm so proud of myself. It was not the kind of street that crowds of people walk along, mind you, but I did encounter the occasional jogger and kabuki cab driver. I got one smile, a whistle and lots of confused stares.




black felt hat {thrifted via Beacon's Closet} - black long sleeve {Sweet Romeo via Century 21} - coral sailboat shorts {Old Navy} -
orange & red bracelet {Loft} - gold watch {Target} - black cut-out wedges {Nine West via DSW}


I'm going to proclaim something today. There's a good chance I'll eat my words in a few months but today, I feel so strongly about this that I want it to be documented. I am so ready for Fall. There, I said it. Bring on the cold, Mother Nature. I am beyond over this heat and humidity. I yearn for layers, scarves and boots. I have always loved Summer best and am usually sad to see it go. But this is back in Canada where Summer finally arrives after months of waiting, sticks around for a few days and then leaves hastily, and we're left with some snow or something crazy like that. (True story: I have seen snow fall and stick in August back in Calgary). This East Coast Summer business is a whole 'nother story.

Last night, I was feeling restless and was dismayed that I would not be able to wear my new Fall purchases for a while yet. (Yes, these are the kinds of things that plague me and keep me up at night). So I did what any normal person would do and, with the fan pointed directly at me, tried on a few cold weather outfits. I was flushed and sweating by the end of it but it really did make me feel better. For a minute anyway, then it just made me want Fall to hurry up and get here already.

And yes, it was way too hot for a felt hat and black long sleeve when I took these photos this morning. But I'm rebelling, okay?

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, warm fuzzies?