Pages

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Stripes in Queens

I had the pleasure of going to a BBQ in Queens on Sunday with my roomie. I never say no to exploring new parts of New York. And I certainly don't ever say no to free food. It was a win win all around.





striped maxi dress {sample sale} - navy jacket {Jacob} - gold watch & bracelet {Target} - red & teal bracelets {Burkman Bros.} -
purse {Dooney & Bourke via flea market} - bronze gladiator sandals {Steve Madden via Century 21}

Queens was way more beautiful than I imagined it would be. The tree-lined streets boasted the most amazing tudor houses and immaculate lawns. I think I'm just a sucker for the suburbs when it comes down to it. I ate the freshest, most delicious lox ever while in Queens. Visited a Russian specialty store and sampled an ice cream delicacy while there. Then, as if the evening could get any better, the vintage pogo stick made it's appearance. I gave it a whirl for old times sake, but what with the maxi dress, improper footwear and - let's be honest - lack of coordination we did not get on very well. It did go nicely with my arm party though, so there was that...

j.

2 comments:

  1. That is such an awesome maxi dress! And I like the way you paired it with the navy jacket... another cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous Jaim! And I LOVE the dress. xo

    ReplyDelete

Comments, questions, warm fuzzies?