Pages

Thursday 15 August 2013

Some Advice to a Younger Me

sunnies {OASAP} - necklace & shirt {Target} - shorts {Jacob} - belt {Loft}

Oh, hi guys! So, as we all know from the amount of DIY projects I have instagrammed lately, I still don't have a job. This week, though, I heard from a company that I would love to work for. It's a girls' clothing company and as part of the interview process I had to make a video that embodied the brand's image. Well, I live for this stuff. I felt like I was back at school and was just assigned a cool project (nerd alert). I don't want to give too much away because I will show the video here (eventually) but this assignment has me jazzed. It really made me realize how much I was missing being challenged creatively. 

Over the past two days, I have been recording some female friends and family answering the question "if you could talk to a younger you, what advice would you give her?". It has been the most fun! Everyone is getting into it. There has been a lot of laughter, the best facial expressions and a healthy dose of awkwardness. The themes so far have definitely been "be yourself" and "be nice". Having only been thinking of this for the last 48 hours, I thought of a few other things to add.

To 13* year old me,

Learn what it is you love to do and do it. Never belittle your passion. Know that this is only the beginning of your story and you have the power to change it. You're not as awkward as you think (okay...maybe you are). Also, don't worry because everyone feels the same way you do.

Love,
27, almost 28 year old me

j.
 

*this is my chosen age because I felt like this is when I would want to give myself advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, warm fuzzies?