Pages

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Monochromatic + Feeling Awesome

jacket {Loft} - tee {Gap} - jeans {Joe Fresh} - shoes {Zellers} - long necklace {Banana Republic}


I don't usually seek out trends, but the monochromatic look is something that has been catching my eye lately, in all the right ways. I decided to give it a try and believe it or not, it was actually harder than I thought to find three pieces in my closet that were in the same color family. I guess this girl likes her color and prints. Anyways, this is what I came up with and I'm pretty pleased with the results. I think it's important to think about texture and other details when pairing items of similar hues to keep some interest in the outfit. That's why this jacket, with the contrast material, and the criss-cross shoes were the perfect choices to complement an otherwise basic outfit.

These shoes are hidden gems, I tell ya. I bought them in Lloydminster (the middle of nowhere) at a Zellers! It was just one of those times when you happen to see them, sitting all lonely in the clearance section, in your size just begging you to take them home. They are ridiculously comfortable for heels, flattering on the foot and I just feel awesome in them. And I think every girl needs a few items in her closet that just make her feel really, really great!

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, warm fuzzies?