Pages

Saturday 12 January 2013

Hawaiian Recap Part 1




First of all, congratulations for making it to the end of all those photos! I know, there were a lot of them, but that wasn't even all of them. I spent the first week of my vacation in Lihue, which is on the east side of the island of Kauai, near the airport. My brother and his wife were there with my parents and I so it was a lot of fun. 

There was lots of beach time, games and going out for dinner. Have you ever heard of the game Bananagrams? If you are a Scrabble aficionado like myself than do yourself a favor and go get it. It is so. much. fun. But then again, I am a huge nerd and like word games so...

My sister-in-law and I went for a photo walk into the town of Lihue and had fun capturing the old school charm of the local watering hole, the Nawiliwili Tavern, along with all of the gloriously tacky but oh-so-wonderful shop signs.

On New Years Eve day, the three of us went on a mountain tubing adventure in the Hawaiian back country. You basically float down the island's irrigation ditch for miles, going in and out of tunnels. Sounds random but it turned out to be a lot of fun! 

After a week, my brother and his wife went home. I stayed on with my parents and moved down to the south part of Kauai. Stay tuned for photos of my second week in paradise!

Aloha,

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, warm fuzzies?