Pages

Thursday 15 November 2012

That 70's Outfit



blouse & vest {sample sale} - dark denim skinnies {Flying Monkey via Century 21} - 
white desert booties {thrifted in Toronto} - bracelets {Flirt boutique & etsy} - gold watch {Target}

 
Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong decade. I think I would have really enjoyed living through the 60's and 70's. Both of these decades had fantastic fashion and styles. So I'm glad that it's acceptable to wear outfits today that are reminiscent of times gone past. Or at the very least, it's acceptable to me. And that's really all that counts.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm going to give myself a challenge to NOT shop until December 26. That's right, I will not buy myself any clothes, accessories or shoes for the next 40 days. Sounds easy enough... For those of you who don't know the importance of December 26, it's a little day us Canucks like to call Boxing Day. It's like Black Friday, just without the human stampedes and getting trampled to death. My bestie in Calgary and I are seasoned Boxing Day shoppers. In our prime, we hit three malls in one day. We have it down to a science. Our outfits are layerable for the ease of trying clothes on, we start early and ensure we stay well fed and hydrated throughout the day and we are not above dropping trou' in the corner of a store to try on jeans (well...she may be but I am certainly not, I mean who closes their change rooms on the busiest shopping day of the year?!). Here's to the next 40 days of not shopping so that I can go crazy crazier than usual on the 26th!

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, warm fuzzies?