Pages

Thursday 8 November 2012

One Poncho, Three Ways

I've secretly wanted a poncho for a long time and recently one just happened to find it's way to me. Turns out ponchos are quite the versatile piece of clothing. Not only do they double as a blanket on a long flight but I played around with it and you can wear it different ways for completely different looks.


You can belt it and bunch it to wear it almost as a sweater. Pair this version with jeans and ankle booties for a casual look.


Of course, there is the traditional poncho, worn loose with the longer sides in center front and back. This was how I wore it on the plane. Pair with leggings and warm boots for the comfiest outfit that is not pajamas.

poncho {sample sale} - dark denim skinnies {Flying Monkey via Century 21} - black booties {Topshop} - brown belt {Jacob} - 
black leggings {Aritzia} - knitted boots {Winners} - black dress {Jacob} - nude pumps {Madden Girl via DSW}

Lastly, I wanted to dress it up a bit so I wore it over a black dress with nude pumps. I turned the poncho so the longest points were at my sides and used a skinny belt to add a bit of waist definition.

Did anyone else notice the background transition in these three photos? The first one was taken yesterday when Calgary had basically no snow and green grass. Overnight turned the city into a Winter wonderland, as seen in photo number two. And with the snow not letting up all day (and still no sign of that happening), I chickened out and took the third photo inside.

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, warm fuzzies?