Pages

Thursday 11 October 2012

Sweater Weather



chunky knit sweater {thrifted American Eagle via Beacon's Closet} - chambray shirt {Forever 21} - 
dark denim skinnies {Flying Monkey via Century 21} - black booties {Topshop} - black leather tote {Banana Republic}


That last photo is what the majority of my photos look like. Usually I'm completely hidden by busy passersby. It's one of the things that comes with taking outfit photos on a busy New York sidewalk. Taking photos on a busy street is still a little weird for me. For the most part, people a) don't even notice or b) really don't care. The result is what you see above. Then there are the people who do notice and try and be nice and wait for you to finish. Nice thought, but that could get awkward after the fifth photo. So I usually tell them to keep going. The result is a lot of photos of me mid-sentence, waving my hands. A new favorite, that happened while these photos were being taken, was one guy who stopped short of the frame, bent his knees as if he were doing the "elevator" and awkwardly shuffled through the photo. Again, nice thought but "dude! you're still in the photo!". Of course, there are the typical catcalls from less than desirable men. These men also usually find it necessary and hilarious to mimic what I'm doing. The result being strange men striking poses as they walk down the street, hooting and hollering. Only a few times have I been asked what I'm doing. Usually by middle-aged women who are not the most, let's say, social media savvy. Have you ever tried explaining what a fashion blog is to someone who has just gotten comfortable checking emails? Good luck with that. It's always a surprise as to what will happen and I suppose at the very least it keeps things interesting. Oh New York, you can surely never be described as boring.

Just a side, and completely unrelated, note to say that sweater and scarf weather is here in full force and I. Am. Loving. It.


j.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, warm fuzzies?