Pages

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Let's Talk About Tokyo


Arguably the coolest photo I have ever seen from any fashion week, ever.


Definitely my favorite show that walked the runway in Tokyo last week. Two models with unreal Afros from the Facetasm show.


From interpretive dancing (?) to unusual head pieces, Tokyo turned out things you just don't see in New York or Europe. Left is a model from the Jun Okamoto show and right is a model from Matohu. I'm officially obsessed with that yellow and white knotted necklace.


Again, Tokyo knows what is up. Troll doll hair and the reinvention of tie-dye are bringing me back to my childhood. In the best possible way. Female model walking for Shiroma and the male model is one for Phenomenon.


Tommy Ton was on the beat in Japan's capitol to bring us the best of what was happening off the runway. I loved that the majority of his street shots were of the opposite sex.

All photos via style.com, who's first time capturing Tokyo Fashion Week could be summed up as inspiring. I love seeing the differences between Fashion Weeks in different cities. London is usually a bit edgier and sort of grungy whereas Paris is all glam and avant-garde. Tokyo was out there, in all the right ways if you ask me, and really seemed to infuse it's street culture into the collections that came down the runway.


j.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, warm fuzzies?