Pages

Tuesday 19 February 2013

"Presidents/Family/Some Other Word" Day Long Weekend

floral blazer {Target} - grey top {Loft} - polka-dot jeans {Gap} - boots {J. Crew} - necklace {Kauai}


Some call it Presidents' Day (Americans), while others call it Family Day (Canucks...well those living in Alberta, BC, Saskatchewan and Ontario...so the only ones that matter anyways). Whatever you call it, I call it a holiday and that's good enough for me. Good fortune had me because I got to spend the day and all weekend with my Mom (and Dad for a couple of days). 

Friends will ask me what I did and where I took my parents while they were here and I'm going to have to come up with a better answer than the truth. Because the truth is that we did a lot of eating...and shopping. Even my Dad wanted to shop! For himself anyways, in one store only and he didn't want us tagging along. That man has a thing or two to learn about shopping, mainly that it requires going to more than one store. My Mom and I tried to get my Dad up the Empire State Building or to see a show but he was quite happy walking Central Park, shopping at Brooks Brothers and eating way too much Italian food for a 48 hour time period. Ces't la vie! I did get my Mom to Brooklyn today and we saw the play, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, with Scarlett Johansson, which was really good. Never really cared much for her in movies, but after this play I will say I am a ScarJo (is that a thing?!?) fan all the way.

I hope you all whooped it up real good for old Georgie's bday or at the very least gave your Mom a hug today!

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, warm fuzzies?